Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Haarhuis close to title hat-trick



Watch live on BBC TV and the BBC Sport website (UK users only)
Defending champion Paul Haarhuis is one win away from a hat-trick of titles at the Royal Albert Hall after beating Sergi Bruguera in the semi-finals.

The Dutchman moved into the final of the BlackRock Masters Tennis with a stunning 6-4 6-2 victory over Bruguera.

Haarhuis will meet Guy Forget in Sunday's final after the Frenchman beat compatriot Cedric Pioline 6-7 6-4 10-4.

"It's going to be a good match up, I think Guy is playing well and he's serving well," said Haarhuis.

"He must be playing well to be in the finals. I played him three or four weeks ago in Liege and it was a very close match.

"I think he's got good momentum, he's won all four of his group matches so he must be confident. I'll have to play well and if I play like I did today then I have a chance."

No comments: