Sunday, May 30, 2010
The Coopers beach in Southampton, New York had recently been named the best beach in the country
Coopers Beach in Southampton New York Named Best in U.S. – The Coopers beach in Southampton, New York had recently been named the best beach in the country by Stephen P. Leatherman, also called “Dr. Beach”. Dr. Beach celebrates its 20th anniversary by honoring Coopers Beach at the top of the list. The Main Beach in Easthampton took the fifth spot in the list. For Leatherman, Coopers Beach even tops the best beaches in Hawaii, Florida and California with its white clean sand, refreshing water and great salty air. His criteria for ranking the beaches include: water temperature, sand softness, number of waves, smells and the presence of jellyfish.
Here’s the list of the beaches that made it in the top 10:
1. Coopers Beach, Southampton, N.Y.
2. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Fla.
3. Coronado Beach, San Diego.
4. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks, N.C.
5. Main Beach, East Hampton, N.Y.
6. Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu.
7. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Mass.
8. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, S.C.
9. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii.
10. Cape Florida State Park, Key Biscayne, Fla.